Do You Seek Professional Advice Before Purchasing Skincare?
Attending my Pilates class this morning we discussed skincare. One of the participants had to have time off because she had brought a skincare product online and used it near her eye. Scarily, the product didn't only burn her skin; it has affected her eyes so severely that they are still red and sore.
Which led me to research more about the products I am using.
So today I phoned my professional skin care doctor to ask what her top tips are for great skin and safe skincare.
Here they are:
1. Don't put up with problems you may be experiencing with your skin. Seek help from a skin professional.
2. Use the right products recommended for your skin type.
3. Use a good cleanser, moisturiser, eye cream, and anti-ageing serum product.
4. Wear sunscreen daily, even in the colder weather as the elements can damage your skin.
5. Occasionally boost your skin with a facial or treatment.
6. Have your skin checked regularly for any changes that may have occurred.
7. Have moles and any other suspicious marks examined by a doctor.
8. Live a healthy lifestyle for great skin. Feed your skin from the inside with nutrient-packed foods, and drink plenty of water.
9. Remember to spoil your body and décolletage area as often as your face as they are also ageing and require some TLC.
10. Try to reduce stress from your life, as it doesn't only make you unhappy, it adds years to your skin.
Carolyn Rowland is a qualified NLP Master Therapist, Advanced Practitioner of Matrix Therapies, Time Line Therapist, Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, has a Diploma for Business and Life Coaching and A Professional Image Stylist. Carolyn is happily married to her husband Simon, and raised four beautiful children, who are now young adults and a teenager.