Why It Is Important To Understand The Signs Of Mental Health Conditions
Written by Steven Gamble from Man-Anchor
Just like knowing CPR (resuscitation) to protect your friends and family I think it’s equally important to understand the signs of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety.
The knowledge of both these skills may not be put into practice on a regular basis, however, the one time you do need to, it could change or potentially save someone's life.
Here are common signs of depression & anxiety to look out for:
• Feeling sad, ‘flat’ or down most of the time (for two weeks or more)
• Losing interest in activities you used to enjoy (for two weeks or more)
• Feeling tired or lacking energy and motivation
• Moodiness that is out of character
• Increased irritability and frustration
• Increased alcohol and drug use
• Changes in your weight or appetite
• Having problems sleeping or sleeping all the time
• Feeling worthless or guilty
• Feeling restless, edgy or slowed down
• Having difficulty concentrating or making decisions
• Thinking repeatedly about death or suicide
Please know there is help out there.
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Is there someone you know who might like a phone call from you?
Are you recognising any of the above symptoms in a friend or family member?
Please speak up. Nothing is a problem unless you have spoken to someone.
Man Anchor is dedicated to the enlightenment of the modern man on a wide range issues & subjects that he confronts on a daily basis.
Follow Man Anchor on Instagram: @man_anchor_
Find articles and stay in the know by subscribing to Cazinc on the website, or join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Please leave comments below or email Carolyn@cazinc.com.au.