An Easy And Yummy Desert For Lovers
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz, Cartoonist
Our Ultimate Love Cake recipe was a huge hit last year, so I thought I would share with you an easy, but delicious cake you will love to make for your partner or make together for Valentines Day tomorrow.
This recipe was given to me years ago by my gorgeous friend Andrea. It is one I often make for special occasions, and it has always been a hit.
Say I love you with this yummy desert.
Raspberry and Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake
200g butter softened
1 ½ cups of pure icing sugar
400g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur
(such as Kahlua or Tia Maria)
2 - 3 litres of vanilla ice-cream
300g frozen raspberries
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Place chocolate into a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, for 3 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power. Stirring every minute
3. With a metal spoon, or until melted. Stir chocolate and liqueur into butter mixture.
4. Spoon ice-cream into a bowl. Stand at room temperature until softened. Mash raspberries with a fork. Stir into ice-cream.
5. Line base and sides of a 6cm deep, 24cm x34cm (base) baking dish with baking paper. Place half the Maltesers into a plastic bag, (I use a zip top sandwich bag). Using a roller pin, hit until roughly crushed. Spread over base of dish.
6. Pour half the chocolate mixture over Maltesers. Spoon over ice-cream. Top with the remaining chocolate mixture. Crush remaining Maltesers. Press into chocolate. Cover. Freeze overnight.
7. Lick the spoon and bowl and enjoy a few Maltesers that didn't make the desert!
Are you making something special for your love tomorrow?
Carolyn Rowland is a qualified NLP Master Therapist, Advanced Practitioner of Matrix Therapies, Time Line Therapist, Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, has a Diploma for Business and Life Coaching and A Professional Image Stylist. Carolyn is happily married to her husband Simon, and raised four beautiful children, who are now young adults and a teenager.
Find articles and stay in the know by subscribing to Cazinc on the website, or join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Please leave comments below or email Carolyn@cazinc.com.au.