The Top 5 Ways To Reduce Cellulite
As women we come in all different shapes and sizes, but one thing we seem to have in common is cellulite, and the worst part is it doesn't like men as much as women!
Does summer seem to come around a bit quicker this year? Each day brings us one step closer to busting out the bathing suits and baring our bodies. This is the time of year when many people, women in particular, start scrutinising their body closer than ever. My inbox is proof of this. I have decided to write an article about the number one question of last week- how to banish cellulite.
I was a bit surprised at the many misconceptions surrounding cellulite. A lot of women asked if the such-and-such cream would work, if they should stop eating "cottage cheese" or if surgery was their only option.
What exactly is cellulite and what is the best way to get rid of it?
Cellulite is nothing more than additional fat cells stored in your body. We all have connective tissue that separates fat cells into little compartments. Women have honey-combed shaped compartments and men have a crisscross pattern. The honey-combed shape compartments are the reason some women have dimply thighs, or cottage cheese looking arms.
Getting rid of cellulite is simple, but not necessarily easy. The only way cellulite can be reduced to reduce overall body fat. You cannot spot reduce or rub cream on it. You cannot starve yourself either. The only way to rid yourself of cellulite is to follow these five highly efficient, simple, and to-the-point tips.
1) Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day.
Each meal should be 2-3 hours apart. Eating plenty of fruit and vegetables (15 plant foods per day) will help to keep you hydrated, therefore assist with less cellulite. Your first meal should be eaten within an hour after waking to keep your metabolism up.
2) Drink a cup of water before and at each meal and at least 8 glasses per day.
3) Rest properly. This means taking at least 48 hours between strength training the same muscles, and it also means getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Lastly, it means taking 1-2 days off from exercising per week.
4) Cardio should occur at different intensity levels and different session lengths. Consider doing a low intensity/extended session, a high intensity/short session and a few medium intensity/medium length sessions per week.
5) Strength train each muscle 1-3 times per week. You should lift a proper weight and perform the appropriate amount of sets/reps for your strength training method. The other strength training, which is becoming more and more popular with women (and men) is reformer Pilates.
The above is a guideline. I do all of the above most of the time, but I also like to enjoy life, which includes carbs and wine! Hence why I still do have cellulite, even on my arms as someone made the comment on Instagram! But I am happy with the amount of cellulite I have. Imagine if I didn't do all of the above,, the "cottage cheese" would be plastered everywhere over my body.
All of the above things combined will result in cellulite reduction. There are no miracle creams or secrets. It's all about good old-fashioned working out. Work smarter and not harder! Get on a great program that is tailored to your body and your goals. Even if you only do this 60-80% of the time.
Everyone is different, but following these five tips practically guarantees your cellulite will reduce.
Find articles and stay in the know by subscribing to Cazinc on the website, or join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Please leave comments below or email Carolyn@cazinc.com.au.