What Is A Brilliant New Year's Resolution?
Choosing New Year’s resolutions isn’t easy. We all seem to speak about it after Christmas up to the 31st December. Some of us even write them down. A couple of you also stick to them?
But many of us even struggle with "where to begin?"
How do you decide which bad habits to drop and which good ones to pick up?
"You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream" - C.S. Lewis
During 2017 at Cazinc Blog, we mentioned in many articles the principle of the 80/20 because it is a great way to add balance to your lives.
First developed by the economist, Vilfredo Pareto, the 80/20 principle describes how around 80 percent of results often come from just 20 percent of actions.
For example, in most companies, around 80 percent of the sales tend to come from just 20 percent of the products, and the other 80 percent of products bring in only 20 percent of the revenue.
This simple principle also applies to daily life. It’s highly likely that only 20 percent of your habits are responsible for 80 percent of your happiness. Maybe it’s your weekly trip to the gym or a meal out or a date night with your partner every week that makes all the difference to your life.
However, the 80/20 rule applies to unhappiness too: a few of your habits – too many drinks on a Friday or hitting the snooze button too many times in the mornings – are probably to blame for the majority of your strife.
So when it comes to making the most efficient New Year’s Resolutions to make 2018 your best year ever, why not try to focus on making changes that will have the most significant impact.
An excellent book to read is "Living the 80/20 Way," by Richard Koch. A wonderful and quick read. Richard explains further how the 80/20 principle is either help or hindrance, depending on the life choices you make. As with many books of this category, the basic idea of this is simple: focus your time and effort on the things that are most productive, that make you happiest. Work Less, Worry Less, Succeed More, Enjoy More! It should be called the Cazinc philosophy of life!!!
So why not let the 80/20 principle guide you towards an easy way to live your dreams and to keep you growing towards your success?
Would you like to share some of your New Year's resolutions?
Which habits are you going to drop or keep?
What changes are you making this year to become your best ever?
Carolyn Rowland is a qualified NLP Master Therapist, Advanced Practitioner of Matrix Therapies, Time Line Therapist, Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, has a Diploma for Business and Life Coaching and A Professional Image Stylist. Carolyn is happily married to her husband Simon, and raised four beautiful children, who are now young adults and a teenager.
Find articles and stay in the know by subscribing to Cazinc on the website, or join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Please leave comments below or email Carolyn@cazinc.com.au.