How To Remain Stylish Over 40
As if we didn't have enough to think about as we get older!
We are dealing with ageing parents, empty nests, maybe new careers, not to mention changing bodies! So how do we style them? Please, don't despair as all is not lost. You can look fabulous after forty and not have to sneak into your daughter's wardrobe to be modern and stylish. Many women who are not sure how to deal with thick waists and bulging tummies head straight for the baggy rack and try to conceal their bodies with shapeless clothing. And to make matters worse, they wear their makeup and hair the same way they always have for many years.
Hey gorgeous, it is time for a change.
The key to looking great after forty is to make subtle changes in your clothing, hair and makeup that will equal a facelift and a trainer, well, maybe not that much difference but to maintain a fabulous style, you need to keep changing with the times of your life.
‘Fashions fade, style is eternal.’ – Yves Saint Laurent
Here are five tips from "Your Ultimate Style" eBook that you can put into practice right away.
1. Wear your skirts at the knee with a great pair of shoes to show off one of the most ageless and flattering parts of your body, your legs, so they stay looking younger longer.
2. Wear tailored clothes, such as shaped jackets that glide over your tummy and waist. Stay away from boxy, baggy jackets and tops that hang from the bust and add kilos to your frame.
3. The easiest way to put pizzazz into your stylish outfit to stay modern is to update your accessories, including shoes and bags. If you carry a bag that looks like your grandmothers, square and boring you'll look outdated. Choose bag designs in different shapes and colours that will add interest. There are lots of styles and shapes available.
Also, nothing kills a stylish look more than wearing a gorgeous outfit, to add an old, dated, and scruffy pair of shoes.
4. Stay away from clothing that has "old lady" written all over it, such as large shoulder pads, narrow pant legs, tiny prints, sweaters with embroidered flowers and big fancy buttons. If it's something your grandmother would wear, then it is not something for you.
5. To look fashionable, and up to date, you don't have to wear the latest styles. Stick to classic lines that suit your body type and develop a look that reflects your personality and lifestyle.
"Fashion is just another accessory for someone with great style. A woman with class is timeless."
What changes have you made over the years to remain stylish?
Carolyn Rowland is a qualified NLP Master Therapist, Advanced Practitioner of Matrix Therapies, Time Line Therapist, Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, has a Diploma for Business and Life Coaching and A Professional Image Stylist. Carolyn is happily married to her husband Simon, and raised four beautiful children, who are now young adults and a teenager.
Find articles and stay in the know by subscribing to Cazinc on the website, or join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Please leave comments below or email Carolyn@cazinc.com.au.