What Are The Do's And Don'ts Of Exfoliation?
After the age of 30, our skin becomes gradually drier and rougher, so the most important routine to do regularly is exfoliated.
Exfoliation is recommended once or twice per week (otherwise you will be too coarse to your delicate facial skin) to remove dead cells that have built up on your skin surface. If you exfoliate more than once per week, there is the possibility of dehydrating your skin and making it more sensitive.
Exfoliation is essential as it assists your moisturiser to penetrate deeper into your skin so that you will have a more radiant, bright and glowing skin.
When exfoliating your face, be gentle and try not to stretch your skin. Remember you are only removing the build up of dead skin cells, not ripping your face apart.
Try to get into the routine of also using a body scrub weekly to aid drainage and cell renewal to your skin, making it appear and feel smoother. Add a boost to your skin by moisturising straight after exfoliating.
Body scrubs are harsher than facial scrubs and not recommended to use on your face or décolletage.
A great tip is to keep your exfoliants in the shower and wash away while you put in your weekly hair treatment.
A great body scrub you can make at home is a simple mix of honey and granulated sugar, or a mix of bath oil or shower gel with the granulated sugar. Otherwise, here are some of the teams favourite exfoliators and body scrubs for you.
7 Exfoliators And Body Scrubs You Will Love
1. Soap & Glory – The Breakfast Scrub
· Available at Mecca Maxima - $14.00
2. The Body Shop – Wild Argan Oil Exfoliating Gel Body Scrub
· Available at The Body Shop - $29.00
3. Natio - Wellness Body Scrub
· Available at Priceline - $18.95
4. Frank Body – Original Coffee Scrub
· Available at Mecca Maxima - $16.95
5. Milk – Face and Body Scrub
· Available at Sephora - $16
6. L’Occitane – Almond Shower Scrub
· Available at David Jones - $29.00
7. Aesop – Geranium Leaf Body Scrub
· Available at Aesop - $39.00
Please feel free to share this and any of our articles on social media or via email.