5 French Secrets Of How To Maintain Youthful Skin
Unfortunately for women, as we mature, we start to see it on our faces. For most of us, nothing affects the passage of time quite like our skin, and our face is the area that can give away our age. Frown lines, laugh lines, upper lip lines, ageing spots, papery skin on your neck and hands, the loss of beautiful, hydrated shine. These are all telltale signs of what is happening to us and can provide an accurate barometer of how well we are looking after ourselves, how good our diet is, how much water we drink, and how healthy we are.
And let's face it, your face and décolletage are what others see the most. You only have one, and it doesn't take a lot of time and money to look after it, especially when you have a healthy diet.
There are many factors involved in your skin, including your genes, environment, smoking, drinking, stress, lifestyle and nutrition.
What specifically happens to your skin as the years go by is:
The outer skin layer, called the epidermis, thins even though the actual number of cell layers remains the same. The number of melanocytes, which are the pigment-producing cells found in the lower part of the epidermis decreases, but the remaining clump together to increase in size. Resulting in thinner and paler looking skin, and enhancing the appearance of sun spots in damaged areas.
Your beautician will talk to you about the importance of the dermis (the living skin - the inner layer), which is a large support for the epidermis. The dermis supplies the epidermis with everything it requires to provides an efficient barrier for your skin, consisting of connective tissues, including collagen (95%) and elastin (3%). The dermis is important to keep healthy because it is vital for the skin's immune and repair systems.
Elastosis is the loss of collagen and elastin from the dermis reduces the skin's strength and elasticity, particularly in the sun damaged areas, creating a dry, weathered or leathery appearance.
Wrinkles form on our skin due to less oil production and our hormones change, which causes damage to our skin.
That is the news of what is happening to us, so what is the solution to looking and feeling 30 when you are in your 50's or 60's? (And if you are in your 20's or 30's, prevention is always better than a cure). No matter what age you are, there is no time like the present to start.
The 5 secrets of how French women maintain youthful skin.
1. Drink plenty of water. Hydration is the number one reason for the ageing of our skin. Water is free, and the number 1 ingredient in all great skincare, so if you want to look after your skin on a budget, drink plenty.
2. Eat plenty of antioxidant fruit and vegetables to look after your skin (and health) from the inside out. Eat foods in season to keep the costs down, and provide your skin with nutrients required for the seasons.
3. Follow a beneficial, daily skincare routine, morning and night. Take into account the changing needs of your skin as you mature. Consult your beautician often.
4. Always protect your skin against sun damage by wearing a high SPF sunscreen daily, and look for built-in SPF in your makeup products. SPF is always important over winter, especially if you are outdoors or driving, and an accurate high-factor protection in summer.
5. Something my mother instilled into me - never go to bed with your makeup on. Not only will it wreck your bed sheets and pillowcase, but you will also wake up looking like a walking zombie. So no matter what, always cleanse, tone and moisturise before bed.
We will be writing many articles on skincare, as this is something you have asked. We will also be providing you with which particular foods to eat for your skin, so you can enjoy having healthy skin inside and out.
Enjoy looking and feeling fabulous with these 5 simple steps. Thank you for reading, and we hope you pass on to others who want to enjoy healthier skin, even our daughters.
Your own Personal Style is extremely important as it shows everyone how confident, creative and amazing you are. Everyone has style potential and if you are in need of a little or a lot of information, this eBook is a great place to commence your journey of style magic.
Learn about your own personal style with "Your Ultimate Style" eBook.
“Life is too short not to look and feel fabulous, everyday”……..Carolyn Rowland
Please feel free to pass this article onto other stylish women.