What Are Cazinc's 5 Fav Melbourne Restaurants?
Last night we saw Melbourne hosting the World’s 50 Best Restaurants (see list below), at the Exhibition buildings in Carlton, the only 2nd time it has been held outside of London. Congratulations to the 2 Victorian restaurants make the top 50, Attica and Brae, (who was number one in the Age Good Food Guide 2017).
Manhattan's Eleven Madison Park took out the world's best restaurant, with the 2016 winner Osteria Francescana winning second place. Past winner El Celler de Can Roca in Spain rounded out the top three.
To celebrate, we thought we would give you our top 5 restaurants we love in Melbourne’s CBD. We are so spoilt for choice in Melbourne with great restaurants and bars, it was a hard task to come up with 5. We will be reviewing many restaurants over time on the blog, so please stay tuned food and wine lovers.
These restaurants are all fine dining, and up there in price, but always one for the special occasions.
On the 35th floor of the Rialto Building, Collins Street, stepping into Shannon Bennet’s Vue De Monde is like entering another world. Vue De Monde is more than a restaurant, it is the ultimate experience, an art show of food presentation and the theatrics of the staff. And then there is a view of Melbourne that is breathtaking.
Great for a romantic night out, or for a group, or to enjoy a drink at the Lui bar. Every visit is a new and enjoyable experience.
Neil Perry’s Rockpool’s Bar and Grill, situated at the Crown Casino, Melbourne is well known for their Wagyu Beef steaks, but if you are not a steak lover like us, there are other amazing menu fav’s, including the Crab Linguine and the Goats Cheese Tortellini.
They have an outstanding wine list, but if you are like us and love tasting different wines, the Sommelier is continually accessible with superb selections to balance your meal.
This our ultimate number one Cazinc luncheon place. We love the atmosphere of Rockpool’s during the day, crowd watching at Southbank, but it is also fantastic at night. At night, we often stop off at the bar, where Jamie, the head barman always puts on a cocktail show for us.
Koko’s Japanese Restaurant
Another Crown Casino favourite for us food lovers, where the serene beauty of Japan has been created with the central rock pool and a fantastic view of the flame jets along Southbank.
Al la carte is on offer, or try a fun teppanyaki experience with a group, either in a private room or in the restaurant.
If you want a romantic dinner for 2, then book early and request a table between the window and the rock pool. Absolutely a great date night experience.
This is one we book if staying at the hotel Lindrum (another beautiful experience for us over 30’s, so serene), as just up the road is George Calombaris Greek inspired restaurant, The Press Club.
This intimate, 32 seat, leather booth style restaurant is a mixture of fine dining, with the true relaxed spirit of Greek Hospitality. A La Carte is available for lunch, and delicious tasting menus for dinner.
Rock on over to Flinders Lane for an asian fusion experience, with communal benches overlooking the open kitchen for a less formal dinner, or dine in the open area.
A private dining room is available for events, parties, and we have even had a touch of karaoke.
The menu is designed to be shared, and we recommend the banquet. Our ultimate dish to try is the New England Lobster Roll, and don't go home without having the Peanut Butter Parfait for desert.
Booking are only for 8 or more.
Other Restaurants worth checking out in Melbourne CBD are:
And of course, you can’t pass: Dinner By Heston
We would love to hear which Melbourne Restaurants are some of your fav's.
Here it the complete top 50 list for 2017
- Eleven Madison Park, New York, US
- Osteria Francescana—Modena, Italy (#1, 2016)
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Mirazur, Menton, France
- Central, Lima, Peru
- Asador Etxebarri, Axpe, Spain
- Gaggan, Bangkok, Thailand
- Maido, Lima, Peru
- Mugaritz Errenteria, Spain
- Steirereck Vienna, Austria
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills, US
- L'Arpege, Paris, France
- Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, Paris, France
- Restaurant Andre, Singapore
- Piazza Duomo, Alba, Italy
- D.O.M., Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Le Bernardin, New York City, US
- Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
- Geranium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Pujol, Mexico City, Mexico
- Alinea, Chicago, US
- Quintonil, Mexico City, Mexico
- White Rabbit, Moscow, Russia
- Amber, Hong Kong
- Tickets, Barcelona, Spain
- The Clove Club, London, UK
- The Ledbury, London, UK
- Nahm, Bangkok, Thailand
- Le Calandre, Rubano, Italy
- Arzak, San Sebastian, Spain
- Alleno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris, France
- Attica, Melbourne, Australia
- Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru
- De Librije, Zwolle, Netherlands
- Septime, Paris, France
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London, UK
- Saison, San Francisco, US
- Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
- Relae, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Cosme, New York City, US
- Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet, Shanghai, China
- Borago, Santiago, Chile
- Reale, Castel Di Sangro, Italy
- Brae, Birregurra, Australia
- Den, Tokyo, Japan
- L'Astrance, Paris, France
- Vendome, Cologne, Germany
- Restaurant Tim Raue, Berlin, Germany
- Tegui, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Hof Van Cleve, Kruishoutem, Belgium