Cazinc is a collective of Melbourne bloggers that explores culture in many forms – from fashion and style, travel, lifestyle and wellbeing, to the culinary and decorative arts.

 

How To Make Sunday Your Funday

How To Make Sunday Your Funday

There is a saying: Sundays, sleep until you are hungry, and eat until you are sleepy.  How can we make this true?

In my previous life of running around after 4 children, for 19 years, my Sundays consisted of junior football, dancing rehearsals and concerts, and digging around in the vegetable garden, before coming in to cook a large dinner for the mob.  No wonder when Monday came around I was exhausted.

Where did my stamina come from?

Reading my article, Time To Stop To Smell The Roses, you will read about my new life I have designed in my 50th year of encompassing the earth, and moving to Melbourne, my new Sundays are designed for reading in bed, going out for breakfast, but allowing myself to eat what I actually feel like.  Remember Lisa and I mentioned in her article about the 80/20 rule, well today is the 20.

French women live by the 80/20 rule.  They don't eat croissants everyday, they only allow themselves to indulge on occasions, mainly weekends, or 20% of the time.  The other 80%, they are health conscious, looking after their bodies, and eating spinach!!

During the week, mornings are always a rush.  Up at 5.30am, spin class at 6am, home to shower, makeup and be ready to walk out the door at 7.40am for coffee and work, (and try to fit in a polates class or 2).  Always on a time frame, often eating while working,......so my body needs to repair one day a week.

One of my fabulous teachers from my Therapy studies educated me on the importance of relaxing on a Sunday, learning not to look at the clock, to be a success during the week.  She conducted a survey on the productivity of busy career people, who put away their clocks, phones, and laptops, and were made to relax on a Sunday for 6 weeks.  The results were amazing, their productivity during the week, and their energy levels all increased by over 50%.

It took me awhile, but Sundays now have become my relaxing fun day, a day to catch up with friends, take a walk around a park (or picnic), catch a movie, or enjoy a long, lazy Sunday lunch, before an afternoon siesta.  Is there anything more European, and relaxing than this? 

Sunday nights have become "Mummy's Night" where our children join us for a family gathering and catchup.  There is still a "football and dancing" mother in me, who loves nothing more than catching up with her babes.  It is great they are at an age they can assist with the cooking, or we go out and play together.

So I hope you all enjoy today, eat, drink, and be merry, because it is back to the drawing board tomorrow.  It is time for me to head off for coffee and croissants, and hope you are eating the same while reading this.

10 Smoothies To Put You back On Track This Week

10 Smoothies To Put You back On Track This Week

How To Cease Being a Chronic Worrier

How To Cease Being a Chronic Worrier